The Perfecter Fusion Styler by Calista Tools
- Client: TriStar Products, Inc.
- Product: The Perfecter Fusion Styler by Calista Tools
- Price Point: $100
- Hosts: Patti Reilly and Maria McCool
- Objectives: Create an infomercial to launch a new product, work as an independent front-end profit center, then build awareness for an eventual segue into mass retail.
Produced by Script to Screen in 2013, The Perfecter Fusion Styler infomercial introduced a new styling method called “Fusion Styling.” The Perfecter Fusion Styler combines ceramic and ionic technology with a Cool Touch tip and brush design, that gives women of all ages, hair styles and hair types the curling, waving, lifting, and smooth styling results of a pro in less than three minutes.
Creator and presenter Maria McCool shares her own personal struggles with her frizzy curly hair and directly relates to both the in-studio and viewing audiences. Co-host Patti Reilly seamlessly facilitates the on-set action, while giving her own personal testimony with a hairstyle that looked gorgeous and achievable. The pairing was carefully cast and well-directed with impeccable results – a friendly, professional and enthusiastic tone that showcased the features and benefits of the Perfecter without distraction.
Many on-set demonstrations and transformations prove the speed, versatility and “perfectiveness” of the Perfecter, and how it does the work of four traditional styling tools with only one hand. Owner of Calista Tools, Maria McCool reported after her initial infomercial launch, “It did more for my retail business in 45 days than I had been able to do in eight years!”
Second infomercial to be delivered end of spring 2014.
- Immediate national roll-out after successful media test
- To date, reached No. 12 on the IMS Top 100 and No. 5 on the Jordan Whitney Top 75
- Launched in Canada within 6 months of airing
- Independent profit center and retail driver for all Calista Tools’ products