- Client: Philosophy
- Product: Makeup Optional Skin
- Objectives: To introduce the Makeup Optional Skin line of skin care to the market, to work as a front-end profit center, build a continuity customer base and drive retail sales.
When Philosophy hired Script to Screen to produce their infomercial for Makeup Optional Skin, Philosophy’s reputation as a developer and marketer of high-end skin care was already well known within the cosmetics industry, and also to QVC viewers. Philosophy’s Founder, Cristina Carlino, (also the Founder of the highly acclaimed medical company BioMedic), had been successfully demonstrating Philosophy’s skin care products for several years on QVC.
For the Makeup Optional Skin infomercial, Script to Screen created a beautifully shot, high-end show that successfully demonstrated the quality and uniqueness of the products, and that appealed to a wide target audience.
The infomercial launched in January 2005, and helped the company triple its revenue in one year, from $45m to $130m in sales.
The Makeup Optional Skin infomercial consistently ranked in the Top 20 of the IMS Report. In addition to the overwhelming success of their DRTV advertising, Philosophy became the dominant category leader at QVC, Sephora and Nordstroms.
- Tripled revenue in one year from $45m to $130m
- Consistently ranked in the Infomercial Monitoring Service Top 20
- Acquired by the Carlysle Group for approximately $450m